|Title||Eldredge Brewing Company|
|Object Name||Drawing, Architectural|
|Scope & Content||
Descriptions and measurements of the land and buildings of the Eldredge Brewing Company, Cate Street, Portsmouth, NH, D/B as Frank Jones Brewing Company. Incudes blueprints of the brewery site from 1918 and 1924. Also includes 1937 blueprints of the site on Islington Street, the cold storage room, shipping room, boiler house and engine room, the bottling shop, and the bottle storage and racking room, all drawn by civil engineer John V. Durgin. There are also amended drawings of first floor storage and basement storage and an exchange of land and rights of way between the City of Portsmouth and the Eldredge Brewing Company (1937) and an undated drawing of Lot 33 in the Cate Street area.
See also: S1425.
The Frank Jones Brewery did not re-open after Prohibition ended, and the Eldredge Brewing Company brewed ale in the old Frank Jones plant under the Eldredge name from 1933-1937. In 1937 the Eldredge Brewing Company re-named itself the Frank Jones Brewery and re-named its ale Frank Jones Ale. In 1947 the company was sold to the rum distillery, Caldwell, Inc., and operations ceased.
|Collection||Eldredge Brewing Company|
|Date||1918 - 1937 and n.d.|